Either you heal, or you learn to live with a scar. There is nothing in between. Scar, whether the tragic emotional one or the acne scar, negatively affects our physical appearance and psychological wellness.
How about we plunge into the scars that can be dealt with well and spare ourselves from their unfriendly repercussions!
Acne scars fall into two principal classifications: those caused by a deficiency of tissue (atrophic scars) and those caused by an overabundance of tissue (hypertrophic scars).
Atrophic scars are subdivided into the following three types:
1. Acne scars with a sunken or pitted appearance are ice pick scars. These scars make the skin appear as a tiny ice pick has pierced it.
2. A boxcar scar is a circular or oval depression in the skin that appears after certain types of acne have healed. Some boxcar scars are reddish or dark brown in tone, while others are the same colour as the surrounding skin.
3. Rolling or wave-like depressions appear across otherwise normal-looking skin in the case of rolling scars.
Hypertrophic scars lift from the skin due to an excess of collagen produced during healing; they're less common than the other type and are linked to body acne.
Let's talk about other types of acne scars.
4. Discoloration left on the skin after a pimple has healed is not a genuine acne scar but rather post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It's very typical for individuals with acne.
5. We've all been guilty of picking at our pimples and then feeling even worse when our skin became even redder and inflamed as a result. I'm sure you've heard of Post-inflammatory Erythema, often known as PIE. Blood vessel damage within inflamed skin causes this pink-red colouring on your skin.
Acne scars can be removed using a variety of techniques. Some of which are mentioned below:
To strengthen your skin's cell regeneration powers and eliminate dead skin cells, use worthy exfoliating solutions like AHA BHA & Beetroot Immediate Exfoliation Mask.
Providing all the nourishment through skincare
Vitamin C, Niacinamide, and Hydroquinone are all great for reducing pigmentation in the skin. In addition, you can use our Reverse Pigmentation Bundle to get pigment-free skin.
Be soft on your skin
To avoid further inflammation, use calming and mild treatments on your skin and avoid strenuous physical scrubs.
A component such as hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxylapatite is injected into the skin to improve appearance.
We hope this piece assisted you in knowing your skin better and gave you a few solutions on how to reboot your sparkling skin. So, at last, we would like to sing for you: No scars to your beautiful, we're stars, and we're beautiful!